Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bicycle Parking



I went coffee bar hopping today because I had a ton of papers to grade. Coffeeshops are nice to hang out in and motivate me to get work done because people are watching me. Can't slack off in public! I went to one place off of Mary street, then a short ride to Lamar to go to Starbucks.


I couldn't fit my bike in their fancy bike spots. It took me awhile just to figure out what to do in the first place. Thankfully there were other bikes there too so I could figure it out. You slide your bike in and the metal attachment hooks through the frame and then you slide your u lock into the slot.

My bike didn't fit. I'm thinking I have the SUV of bikes because this is not the first time this has happened to me. The nice Starbucks guy came out to help me, but even he couldn't get my bike to fit. Sadly, I had to leave their establishment for easier parking elsewhere. I mean, its not like S. Lamar doesn't have 5 coffee shops with a mile  radius. So I ended up at the Coffee Bean, which I usually avoid because of the California vibe. 

Moral of the story. Fancier bike parking is not always a good thing. They are a pain in my ass anyway, and I still haven't figured out the bike locks at Westgate cinemas. I'm only willing to look like an ass in public for so long, then I give up and go somewhere else.





This is the fancy parking my feeble mind couldn't figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment