Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Gaahh!!

Now, I haven't been riding my bike as much since I now commute by car to work every day. However, today I decided to do my errands on my bike, and much to my dismay, I found I had lost a little bit of my stamina.

On the way back, I had to hop off and push my bike over a little hill. I was out of breath when I got home, when before I would be a little sweaty, but definitely not feeling a little lightheaded.

So, I guess that is what happens when your off of your bike for a little bit. I would love to blame it on my bike and am going to give it a good tune up when I get the chance. (I can't get it to go into first gear, so something needs to be done. Google here I come!)

Funny story. My roommate asked to borrow my bike because she wanted to see if she could bike to her work up near UT. I said sure, thinking to myself that was going to be quite a bike ride. I asked her afterwards how it had gone, and she said she stopped midway and turned around, making a nine mile trip overall.

Moral of the story: Baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment